Sunday, September 9, 2012

A 5 Phaser Beach Day- Pass-a-Grille

One of the many things I love about Florida is the ability to make a beach day pretty much any day during the year. There may be a bit of hesitation in the Jan/Feb months, but over all we're pretty dang lucky. And if you have kids, then you know the importance of cheap entertainment.

Yesterday, we headed to Pass-a-Grille Beach in St. Pete. It was one of those unexpected Super Fabulous days. As my sister and I would say... a great "5 Phaser".

What is "5 Phaser"???

My twin sister and I came up with this beach concept a few years ago. Let's see if I can first show you a picture of my wonderful twin... there's no bias in that is there?

<--------- Here we are. She's on the left.








Since we both had very small kids at the time, we would decide to go to the beach a lot even though it tended to be exhausting with little ones. We then decided that since different beaches had different things to offer we would give them phase numbers. For example, Bahia Beach in Ruskin is a short drive and very tempting, but the downside is that it was only a Phase 2 beach meaning that Phase 1 was sitting on the beach and Phase 2 was letting the kids play in the sand. If the water was nice, which it IS NOT there, then it would be a Phase 3-er because we could all go swimming. So, the conversation would go like this: "Hey  Boo (my nickname for my sister) let's go to the beach." Then she would say- "I don't really feel like it today Poo"(her nickname for me). Then I would respond- "Come on, we'll just do a Phase 2er."
Okay- so you get my point now?

Anyways, yesterday was, like I said, a totally unexpected 5 Phaser. Let me take you Phase by Phase:

Here's Jordan, on our drive out to St. Pete. So eager! 
 

Here's our Phase 1!!! BEACH TIME!!


Phase 2!! Sand Time! (There was some sandcastle building, but I didn't get a picture of it.

 


Phase 3!! Water Time.
And the waves were HUGE!!  

Phase 4 was a walk to the Ice Cream Parlour. Unfortunately, they ate it so quicky, I never got a chance to take a picture! But you get the idea.




 

Phase 5 was the best!! Sitting on the ledge, while the waves crashed, listening to a live band and sharing a Pacifico with Lime. Ahhhhhh.... a perfect end to a great 5er!! With the ambiance, I think this could even be a Phase 6er, but we'll save that experience for next time and throw in a beachside dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment